Sunday, May 25, 2014

SITTING BY THE BAY


Greetings Hairballers,

It’s Memorial Day weekend, the official start of summer, unless you count the solstice, which I do.  In an attempt to commune with nature (a place to which I am allergic), I walked over to the waterside of my complex to sit by Tampa Bay.  I’m inside now with the air conditioning blasting and the Yankees winning on TV--back in my comfort zone., it's 90 degrees.

Here’s my experience:

SITTING BY THE BAY©

         FMHorner

A pelican lands on the pilings
looking bored as he
stares over the water

a woman comes by
with a yappy little dog
straining at the leash

the pelican takes flight
the dog keeps yapping
as they move on

a blue jay replaces the pelican
calling out to his mate
who is off foraging

then a fisherman appears
with pole, tackle box, bucket
and battery radio

I hear the strains of
honky-tonk laments
the blue jay retreats

so do I
nature is
very noisy

Hairballs,

f

1 comment:

Susan Adger said...

I LOVE it - could see it all the way. Don't you dare even think about not blogging...