Monday, October 1, 2012

Dumb Bastard Award - September


September Dumb Bastard Award

Goes to my good friend, Lee—for accidentally stalking Tim Dorsey in a semi-deserted library parking lot after a book signing and talk, then thrusting her manuscript on him as he tried to pack his car.

What was she thinking?

What was he thinking?  Perhaps, “I’ve never hit a woman but I could probably place kick her into the next block if necessary.”

What happened to the manuscript?  Did he take it home and read it?  Did he throw it in the trash? Did he drop it in a bucket of water in case it was ticking?  We may never know.

Congratulations, Lee, you are so going to end up in a Serge Storms novel.

Advice to Mr. Dorsey:  Take the thing out of the bucket, put it in the clothes dryer, pull it out when dry and read it.  I’ve heard that novel and it’s very good.

#

Note:  Regarding yesterday's post.  I know the Round Table wasn't in the bar, it was in the Rose Room, just having a little fun.  The cat did actually drink my drinks.  He was a loving menace in the hotel and, I hope, still is.  Let's also hope the ghosts stayed as well.

Hairballs,
f

No comments: