Sunday, October 14, 2012

THE BITCH IN THE COMPUTER


Greetings Hairballers,

A Facebook friend recently asked for help when her MacBook started to talk, which brought to mind a similar experience I had last year.  I must admit to being slightly jealous because her disembodied voice sounded like Morgan Freeman, while mine was more Sarah Palin.

A bit of advice from the voice of experience:  Never, never set up your new Apple laptop, or any other brand, on the coffee table while watching a Yankee game.  If you feel a sneeze coming on, quickly remove your hands from the keyboard.  Otherwise, YOU will spend hours or days of frustration trying to figure out what you did.  Only computer geniuses and 10-year olds are immune.

Oh, and yes, I did give myself a Dumb Bastard Award.

Here’s my story--

 The Bitch in the Computer©


         FMHorner

are you the evil spawn
of snark-woman,
who dwells in the GPS?

or the disembodied voice
of my 5th grade teacher,
Gertrude the Mad,

whose goal in life
was to drain
imagination from the young?

what key did I hit
that woke you
from slumber?

Is “go, go Robbie Cano,”
the, “open sesame,”
of Apple?

like Phafner,
though in less
sonorous tones,

you blathered on
telling me what
I must do

            #

oh, great MacBook,
never thought to
turn you off

just slammed
down your lid
with a mighty thud

and let the bitch
ramble on
under a sofa cushion

next day,
the moat dragon
at Best Buy

put a sticker
on your case,
turned and yelled

“Apple--
you got another talker”


Till next week--Hairballs to all,
f


No comments: