Sunday, November 10, 2013

Movable Art and Shattered Nerves


Greeting Hairballers,

Today, a lament, a woe-is-me, a wallow.

I beg your indulgence.  Apartment living at it’s lowest.  Well, not quite, but…

 Movable Art and Shattered Nerves©

         FMHorner

canvases hanging on the wall,
more decor than art,
meant as static things--
stay put and match the couch

a band moved in downstairs
now the paintings quake and roll
like a bad acid trip
lending vertigo to the mix

trees quiver from the bass
that comes up through the walls
as mountains, from far off China,
threaten to topple onto the TV

menopause man,
in black spandex shorts and red headband,
runs up and down the stairway
outside my door

he calls it exercise
I call it annoying
buy a sports car or
get a shot

my sanctuary of tranquility
gone to hell.  I feel
like a prisoner of war--
only I’m paying for this

Hairballs to them,
f

No comments: