Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Wardrobe Shuffle©


Greetings Hairballers,

         While I know that many of you are up North freezing, we are just getting some of that cold Canadian air we’ve wanted all summer.  Spent two days with clothes covering every surface in my apartment trying to sort it out--goes to the Army of Salvation, the homeless, the trash, etc.  Funny how in just one season clothes wear out or become too small or too big.

The Wardrobe Shuffle©

         FMHorner             

It came as a surprise
or maybe a shock

that after decamping
from the North

I’d have to change
over my clothes

something I’d been doing
all my life

ah, Florida, I thought
I’d live in shorts and sandals

but no, after nine months
of unrelenting heat

I must rummage in those
under-the-bed bins

for socks and long sleeves,
a sweater and slacks

my trunk, Alberta,
holds the bulk of cold weather things

named for that province in Canada
reminiscent of the North Pole

the sun’s still shining
but it’s not 90 degrees any more

Hairballs,
f




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

trouble is, we adapt over time. Here in the mid-south, the winters are mild. trouble is, I;ve lived here awhile.
so 28 degrees is like the Antarctic!
I've gone soft, cant take the cold no more, and its certainly not from insufficient padding!