Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sitting on Frozen Peas


Greeting Hairballers,

Daylight Savings Time has me up and rattling about.  Even though I forgot to change the clock, the cat came in to do spin the lampshade over my head at 8 or 9 am, depending on what time zone he was in--so up I got.

We all have our dents and dings, mine is a pinched nerve.  How?  Living life I suspect.  Surely not from all the years of wearing high heels, as I know at least 12 men with the same problem--unless they were dressing differently when I wasn’t around.

Here, my feelings and solution.

Sitting on Frozen Peas©

         FMHorner    

lodged above my left butt cheek
the pinched nerve, Aggravaine,
waits with the patience of Fafner  

for the awkward push of a vacuum,
the schlepping of groceries up the steps,
the hauling of cat

when she stirs, it’s feet up the wall
then sit on a pack of frozen peas
while sipping an Irish whiskey on ice

till Aggravaine sleeps again


If hairballs would fix it, I’d hack up a bucket full,

f


1 comment:

Susan Adger said...

Too funny!! And so true...