Sunday, December 28, 2014

Enough About Me, Now Let’s Talk About Me


Greetings Hairballers,

This is the last Gazette for 2014.  An odd year and many will be glad to see it gone.  Time for change.  Perhaps we should drop a Hairball on 2014 in Times Square before the New Year.

Enough About Me, Now Let’s Talk About Me©

FMHorner

Another lunch, with egos ricocheting off the walls--everyone talking at once--about themselves, perhaps to justify their existence.  I went, I’m going, I saw, I did, I ache, I bought and a monologue on the failings of people not there. No recommendations, no thoughts, no questions--only the droning on of the list of me, me, me.

My silence speaks volumes.  I think I died and landed in hell but my phone has bars and I’m reading the NY Times under the table, so maybe not.

My New Year’s resolution:  Be part of the cast, not the audience.

Look for the Dumb Bastard Award on January 1, 2015.

Happy New Year and Hairballs to 2014,

f





1 comment:

Susan Adger said...

I know what you mean... When I retired I promised myself I'd never sit around talking about aches and pains - and I can't say I've stuck to it 100% but when I notice it, I bring up a new topic, or move to another group of people. Life is too short!!