Sunday, April 7, 2013

THE WRITER’S COVEN©


Greeting Hairballers,

It’s been quite a week.  Must be me.  I’ve been besieged by the “it’s all about me,” people.  To shake it off, decided to spend time with my fellow scribes over dinners and on the phone.  What a special bunch of folks for whom I’m grateful.  I feel renewed.  Thank you.

THE WRITER’S COVEN©

         FMHorner

Here we are
sitting ‘round a table

in a shot and a beer kinda place
that reminds us of New York

way lower West Side or the
East Village before Giuliani cleaned it up

a joint that stays open late
and doesn’t toss us out at 9

eating bad food and talking,
incessantly talking

of all our plans,
our hopes, our dreams

by fits and starts
we found each other

all seekers on the path
feeling very much alone

lost, in this
somewhat tropical place

like-minded souls, who
speak the same language

we form a circle
closing out the world

secure within our sphere
we shelter from the storm

Peace,
F

Note:  I’m going to close down the individual email list that I do by hand at the end of April.  If you want to continue to receive email notifications, please sign up at the “Follow by Email,” on the right side of the blog.  Just follow the instructions that will come up after you type in your email and hit subscribe.  You’ll get a confirmation notice in your email, which you must open and click to confirm.  I’ll still post on Facebook and Google+.
Thanks.

1 comment:

Susan Adger said...

Takes me back to the Purple Moon - some of my most cherished memories...