Thursday, April 10, 2014

OMG OF THE WEEK


Amazon Prime: 

Joined in mid-March to lock in the old fee--$79 a year--rather than the new one of $99, which will be charged to those who already had memberships.  Such loyalty.  You know the drill--join, get a month free and then pay for the year. 

They offer free two-day shipping for eligible items, the key word here is eligible.  The shipping is US Postal, not UPS.  There will be UPS stickers because they do the tracking--post office and UPS are intertwined.  No Teamster UPS driver will bring the stuff to your door, unless your mailbox is next to your door.  Then you get the postal delivery person not an UPS driver.  Me, I’ve got to schlep the stuff from the apartment office, across the parking lot and up the stairs. I ordered a paper book (Word Press for Dummies) to check it out.  It arrived by stagecoach in three days.  Next time, I’ll just go to Barnes & Noble.

You can borrow one book a month from eligible books--that word eligible shows up a lot.  Did you know you can borrow all the books you want for your Kindle from the library?

Then there are the free videos, which you must watch on your computer or phone.  Or buy a special box to install on your TV, which may only be compatible with Kindle Fire.  I’ve not gotten that desperate for entertainment.  Did watch a hockey game during the playoffs last year on my phone because of a power outage. Sitting in the dark, staring at my phone yelling, “score, Kaner, score,” is just weird.

Up to you.  The price now is $99, which is a $20 jump from last year.  I’m in for a year at $79, which gives me time to evaluate.  I’m thinking, not such a deal.

Hairballs in redundancy,

f

No comments: