Sunday, December 2, 2012

CARRYIN’ THE GRUDGE

Greetings Hairballers,


All this talk in Congress about Susan Rice and the “Fiscal Cliff,” has got me thinking about what is really going on.

Do some still refuse to acknowledge our President?  Do they live in denial and bitterness over elections past and present?  Or do they just want to be on TV--Senator M with his mini-me, Senator G, and their Sara Palin with Syntax, Senator A? (I know that is probably the wrong meaning but I like the word)

It’s not doing much for “we the people,” except to keep us stirred up and worried—yet again.

Here’s a little hairball on how I view them.

Note:  The Dumb Bastard Award will post on Wednesday.  December snuck up on me.

PARASITE G©

         FMHorner

an insidious parasite
that wraps its tentacles
around your soul

consuming all thought
all action day and night
defining your very being

as it burrows deeper
growing ever larger
a heavy cargo

that leeches all joy
leaving bitterness
in an empty shell

why carry this rancor
that binds you
to misery and limitation?

release would be
a breath of air in a
musty old white room

scary.

Hairballs to all,

Back on Wednesday and next week "entitlements," yours and mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! It applies to more than just politics for me. Horner, you're a very talented writer. I never come away from reading these without a laugh, a smile or pondering something in a new way.

Thank you for the Hairball Gazette!